10.24.2016

goals

some things that i've been working on...

1. being a happy mom
IT IS A DAILY STRUGGLE.  i get woken up by a toddler poking me in the face, or a baby crying "mama!" in the next room every. single. morning.  i am so tired.
during the day, messes get made, things get broken, i get whined at, and i never seem to have enough time to do what i want to do... let alone the bare necessities.  (like scrubbing the toilets?!)

of course there are wonderful moments.  wonderful moments where i get to snuggle and love my girls and throw everything else out the window!  but by bedtime, i feel like the bad has outweighed the good at every level.  and i am trying to be better at that.  i'm trying to be happy even when hazel breaks a dish and cora pokes her with a butter knife when my back is turned.  (both these things happened yesterday, if you're wondering)  i am trying to be selfless in my approach to motherhood.  

2.  i am working on developing my talents
i teach the 7-year-olds at church, and one of our recent lessons on developing our talents really stuck with me.  since then i have started painting more, playing the piano more, and have been actively doing newborn shoots for friends and family.  here is my photography blog, for anyone that is interested in newborn or family shots in the future>>>  paigebsouthbayphotography.com <<< and since i am building my portfolio, my prices are really great.  

3.  reading the scriptures and praying more.


1 comment:

Libby said...

I love and can totally relate to these goals. Being a mom is not for the faint of heart. I found that I was a happier mom when I was intentional with my time. If I wasted the day on my phone I was much grumpier. Whereas I felt fulfilled when I set a goal (like scrub the toilets) and accomplished it.

Isn't it funny how we could take care of 5 med/surg patients or 20 long term patients but taking care of 2 kids and house can be a hundred times harder?!

Keep it up with your goals!