8.01.2011

right now, we are in lake powell heaven.


ever since i was born, i have spent a little time each summer in this beautiful place with family.  i have memories of learning to water ski, cliff-jumping, tubing, going on day trips in the speedboat, exploring, and swimming in the beautiful lake.  once when i was little, a storm rapidly came on, and i remember riding in the speedboat on treacherous waves, curled up underneath a towel while my aunt held me, as we raced back to the marina for safety.  for some reason, even the most precarious situations in lake powell become some of my fondest memories.  it's a magical place, i tell you. and i'm so excited that i got to share it {as it seriously is a part of me} with john last summer- and that, despite the teasing from my uncles- he stuck with me, and we will get to share it again this week.  we are excited to see what craziness will ensue over the next few days! {there are 35 of us, after all}, and i'm sure- if given the choice, i would choose to live in lake powell.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Wow! This place looks absolutely un real! wow wow wow!!! Have a wonderful time! I hope you take photos, I want to see more photos of this place! :o)