8.15.2011

summstress.




























on friday night, i had a little meltdown.
over the past few weeks, little things have been setting me into crying fits of hysteria.
first, my parent's dog chewed up my flip flops.
secondly, my mom tried to replace said flip flops with her own.
thirdly, i saw the best rendition of wuthering heights - ever, done by masterpiece series. {actually, i think i'm allowed to cry over this one.  it was fantastic.}
fourthly, making it late to sunday dinner and having the food be cold.  {i am not proud of this.}
then on friday, {after the delectables pictured above} john and i had a disagreement on whether or not to get mango sticky rice.
it was the last straw.  

as usually happens when i am hormonal and sensitive and downright ridiculous,
it was all john's fault.
like the grand husband that he is, he sat quietly, held my hand, and apologized profusely for nothing in particular.
we then went to planet of the apes, me complete with puffy eyes.
as the evening drew to a close i thought, 
"the tiniest things have been setting me off as of late, why is that?"

i sat there and contemplated the intricacies of the universe,
the cosmos of emotion and what they all mean - and finally came to a conclusion.
i need to be back in school.
it is true.  i am ready, folks.
currently, my mind is harried up with trivial things that don't matter at all,
and i get stressed out about what cereal i should eat in the morning {as if it is a life and death decision.}
i'm pretty sure it all boils down to:
i need some real purpose in life.  
no more crafts, no more monk, no more online shopping, and no more making treats to occupy the 16 waking hours of my day.
just cold hard facts and nose-to-the-grindstone studying and also lots of patient contact.  in other words, bring it on, nursing school!
john will be relieved {i am sure},
and so will i.
because as soon as i am stressed out with school once more,
my chewed-up flip flops won't matter so much.
bring it on school. bring. it. on.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I get like that too. It must be a girl thing. Or a nursing thing. I go stir crazy being home so much. It's a big change. I hope things get better for you. Oh and if you haven't already, the new Persuasion is amazing as well. I think it's by masterpiece theatre as well. Though I can't quite recall. Wow. Sorry. That was long. I just relate.

Amber said...

You need a baby!!! They make you so happy :]

Madison Michele said...

I can't wait to see you everyday my love!!!!

Mandy said...

Hang in there, girl! It's funny you did a post about it because I totally just came out of a week like that. It happens to us all.