9.15.2011

my favorite photos of the week.

this week has been an emotional roller-coaster.  and if i was to describe that roller-coaster to you, i'd probably mention that it had more downs than ups.  just like you'd expect, you have some up moments, but  the coaster is consistently sinking lower, and lower, and lower.... and then the ride ends.  wow, roller-coasters are kind of depressing if you stop and think about it.

yesterday, i basically worked myself to pure exhaustion-mode studying.  i walked home in utter distress and bewilderment, and when john finally called to say that he was coming home, {he got in about 9:30} i literally burst into tears.  as my mom would say, sometimes you just need a good cry.

he offered to bring me home a diet coke, and we watched deadliest warrior for the rest of the night.  sometimes, i think that life just is that way, and there's nothing we can do about it.  but it sure makes it a whole lot better to have a cable tv and lots of diet coke on hand.

my favorite photos so far of the week:



1.  "who's kidding who?  experience matters"  oh, such a scary {but funny} poster for a nursing student to see.  on the one hand, i have more experience that those kiddos, but on the other hand, i often feel like i lack just as much experience as them.
2.  we were watching a football game
3.  on my way home from campus

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've had those days in nursing school. There is soo much to learn in so little time. Plus then you have to apply it. I always felt like such an idiot. It's overwhelming. But it gets better.

Anna Peterson said...

Paige I just am so impressed by you. All the time. I have loved reading your blog recently. I love how honest you are. You work so hard, and you're always so kind. Sorry this time has been difficult...but aren't husband's the best? I feel the same way as you have described sometimes, and I swear I have to lean on him so much. Anyway, keep on keeping' on. We're all rooting for you :) Glad you got to relax.