3.07.2011

before i knew john.....

photo by randi brunt
  • the only weezer song i had ever listened to was "beverly hills"
  • i would have spontaneous, wild dance parties in public places all by myself {my friends thought it was hilarious, but i don't thing the rest of the sighted world thought it such a pleasure}
  • i had never been out of the country {oh wait, new mexico counts, right?}
  • the most adventurous food i had ever tried was tempura shrimp {now i've eaten squid and raw fish and other questionably-tasting things.  now i could totally survive in taiwan}
  • i wanted to curl up in a ball in utah and never do anything too exciting for the rest of my life
  • i never wore my hair up - and i mean never.  {all guys are supposed to like it down, right?}
  • i didn't eat cereal full of surgary-deliciousness
  • i wouldn't use shower gel {but now i've realized that i not only want to be clean, i want to smell good}
  • i wasn't able to relax and do nothing - ever.  {now i can veg with him on the couch for hours and not even know how the time has flown}
  • i never played video games
  • i didn't eat out anywhere unless they served burgers and fries
  • i worshiped the gods of nuts, toffee, and milk chocolate {ok, i still do that}
  • i never was so happy
  • i thought spanish was the sexiest language
  • the most important thing to me was graduating and becoming a nurse
  • i had a roadmap for everything i was going to do in life, and when i was going to do it {john came about three years early. heh heh.}


but some things haven't changed:
i still am super ultra picky about movies
i still like to watch guy-flicks.  {we're talkin' the more explosions, the better}
my favorite thing is still family
i still drink diet coke like it's goin out of style
my life still revolves around food

thanks john, for introducing me to so many new things.  in addition to everything above, you have truly helped me become a better person by helping me work on the few things that make me not-so-great.... but helping me keep the things that make me who i am {and i'll admit, maybe sometimes great.}  i love you.

2 comments:

Joslyn said...

i love this. hooray for marriage! who would have thought husbands would be so fun :D and your picture is adorable!

AmberLou said...

i love this too! you have such a way with words and it is fun to see what john has introduced you to! i say hooray for marriage too! :) love it!