11.30.2012

“the optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose.” – kahlil gibran

sometimes, i think i miss all the beautiful roses because i am too focused on the thorns.    so, i have decided to focus on the roses all around me.  just to list a few:

thorn:  our messy house
rose:  a warm, comfortable, lovely home to live in, where family can come visit and where rent is entirely free

thorn:  homework
rose:  the last few opportunities to prepare for my future nursing career before i go out on my own

thorn:  my ever-enlarging body, consistent acne, finding it increasing difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in
rose:  i'm growing a baby ya'all!  and she is going to be absolutely delicious.

thorn:  spending less and less time with john as finals approach
rose:  knowing that john is sacrificing so much for our future family, that he is working hard so that he can provide for me and baby girl {i am so grateful to him for that, and the amazing husband he is, and the father he will be}

focusing on the roses makes me so happy.

No comments: