4.08.2011

knocking over chest tubes, and such.

my nursing final lab pass-off was today.  which means:
heart palpitations,
sweaty and shaking hands, 
and nonstop anxiety.

every semester, i pass.  every semester i get above 90%.  every semester, i get a great grade.  but every semester i always manage to freak out and act like a spaz. i forget what i'm doing, i make dumb mistakes.  i act like i enjoy knocking over chest tubes, and such.  or drawing up morphine twice because i accidentally contaminate the end.  { i mean really, the nurse is staring at me with those ICU kick-A eyes of hers, and i just can't handle the pressure!  ICU nurses are the shiz-nit, and i want to be one.  someday i want know everything and think i'm the shiz-nit too, and then i will have kick-A eyes that tell everybody, "don't mess with me."  and, "i save patients every day that are on the brink of death, do you?"  and really, ICU nurses are the bomb.  they know everything.  they are like doctors minus the degree.... or, something like that.}




























so.... after i freaked out and kicked over the chest tube^^^, the lab instructor {looking at me with her ICU, nazi, kick-A eyes,} said, "now i have to fix that".  {i curse myself for wearing those massive boots....}

ug.  minus one point overall, but it feels like fifty.  i needed a sandwich.



























on a wonderfully happy note:  

11 comments:

Bree said...

Damn I would be a nervous wreck for that kind of thing too! And I would probably treat myself to a red velvet cupcake after ;)

nicole. said...

aw, thanks for stopping by. i LOVE your header.

Nicole @ BEAN

Mady said...

haha love the MIKA link!! brings back memories. you are going to be the best nurse ever! plus. . . think of summer. only 2 weeks away! love you!

stephanie said...

Thanks for stopping by! And congrats :)

Sandwiches make everything better!!

Jen Nelson said...

Thanks for looking at my blog today. (Beginner Adult Ballerina). How did you find it? I graduated from nursing school in Dec. 2009. I still remember those stressful days of trying to pass off scenarios with our teachers.

pbrunt said...

Jen- i saw your comment on trulie-scrumptious and that you said you had just started a blog. i thought i would stop by. i was just blog-hopping today for fun :)

Madison Michele said...

yummm a sandwich indeed! love gandolfos. love you.

Tabitha said...

Hahaha! Paige I LOOOVE your description of final pass-offs! And totally agree with the whole description of the ICU nurse. Made me laugh! :)

emma said...

love your blog title! thanks for entering my giveaway! :)

Amanda Schroeder said...

well hey--congratulations on all your schooling and such!! Sounds like a lot of work but you can totally get through it :) I keep you in my prayers! And hey--i believe too! haha. How'd ya find my blog? Totally curious but so happy because I love your blog! And where are you at school?!

♥ xoxo.

catkozuch said...

Wow! I give lots of praise to those that want to become Nurses!!I could never do it! But I am so happy for you!!!

Everyone needs a gorgeous nurse to look at when they are sick :)