1.13.2011

where have i been?

the last few days, i have been lost in the world of grey's anatomy.
actually, lost is an understatement.
lost implies that something can be found.
the last few days, i have been obliterated by the world of grey's anatomy.
the surgeries, the medical drama.
and a little bit of real-people drama, too.
and then, my first day of clinical was today!
and i rocked it.
it was buddy day, so all i did was follow my nurse around....
but i still rocked it.
i followed her around like a champ!
next week i am on my own.
my own medical diagnoses to help treat,
my own nursing interventions to implement,
my own medications to give,
my own charting to do,
my own patient to help.

i love my profession.
i hate the exams, assignments, teachers that act like they know everything,
and textbooks with over 5,000 pages.
but i love being in a patients room....
thinking about what's going on with their body -
and why do they need these medications....
and what kind of things i can explain to them to help them feel better....
and what things can i change to improve their quality of life.

it isn't quite as dramatic as the tv shows.....
but it's pretty dang cool.

1 comment:

Madison Michele said...

i love how you are obliterated in the world of grey's anatomy! but love even more how we are partners in everything haha! and yes...you pretty much rocked your IV insertion on me :) love ya!