5.16.2011

to weed, or not to weed, that is the question.

so friends, i am going to let you in on a little secret about me.
i love cleaning.
not just kinda-sorta love, but like - really, really love.  
love it so much i would do it every day for a few hours, and never utter a word of complaint.
{and organizing too.... but that's another story}
like i love it so much i should marry it.  {did anyone use that joke in 4th grade?  i sure did.}
so today, i cleaned.
not just your average, do-the-dishes-and-make-the-bed-type cleaning,
but real, deep-down cleaning.  
let's just say, the shower is glistening and there is not a crumb on the floor of the whole house.
and after spending three hours scrubbing, cleaning, vacuuming, organizing, and washing....
i thought to myself - maybe i will go outside and weed.
uh oh.
weed?  seriously?  in the heat of the day?  in the dirt and everything?  oh gosh.  i don't think i'm cut out for this....
after much deliberating....
i took a shower,
and decided to weed another day.
life's just too short.  

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I'm a cleaner too. It relaxes me oddly enough. And even though my husband swears it's not normal to clean your kitchen and floors daily {it is, I promise!} I love having a house so clean you could eat off the floor if you wanted... and with a toddler that really happens! :)

Taylor Ann said...

Something about spring does that to a person! I'm not as good as you are, but this spring... well, there are no dirty dishes to be seen in our kitchen that's for sure. I'm trying to catch the year-round cleaning bug ;)