10.07.2013

this is hazel therese.

this is hazel therese.  she smiles at everyone in the grocery store, but particularly the old ladies that communicate with her in high-pitched baby-talk. 
she doesn't mind when i hold her like a newborn, as long as i'm also singing to her.  her favorite food is avocado.  she blows out of her diaper at least twice a day.  when she gets excited, she wildly kicks her legs.  lately, she scrunches up her nose and sticks out her tongue when she smiles.  her favorite book to read is 'pride and prejudice' {the 'little miss austen' version}.  she often tries to eat my face.  if i used one word to describe her, it would be 'happy'.  she has been so flexible with our ever-shifting schedules and lives.  even when she's teething, she laughs and coos all day.  {it's actually pretty adorable}.  she's in no hurry to roll-over or crawl.  and she begs to a sip of my coke zero anytime i am drinking it.

when people ask me what it's like to be a mom, i think they expect the answer, "it has brought me so much joy".  and really, it has, but that's not my knee-jerk answer.  deep down, i know that being a mom has made me so incredibly happy, but that's not what i think about each and every day.  no, when someone asks me what it's like to be a mom, i tell them that being a mom is just so much fun!  because day in and day out, that's what i'm thinking about most.  i think about how gosh darn fun it is to take care of/love/play with my little girl.  

No comments: