11.25.2010

sitting in the shower letting the rain pour over my face.

this morning, i sat in the shower for about an hour.  i literally sat down on the cold tile floor and let the water fall on me.  believe it or not, it feels really good.  especially when things aren't 100% great and you need to chill out.  sometimes, nothing can make you feel better, but a hot shower and butterscotch cookies can certainly help.  finally, the water heater's stores were spent, and i was forced to get out on account of freezing.

i watched little women, pride and prejudice, and also watched my brothers make a snow cave. {which, sam and his friends seem to want to sleep in tonight. crazy boys.}  i cleaned my parent's kitchen, played incessantly with andy jack, and ate nothing but chex mix.  i also tried to mimic a whippycake flower, unsuccessfully.

then my mom drove me, john, and jesse {john and ryan's good friend} to the airport.  with much trepidation i approached the new t.s.a. body scan.  what luck!  i didn't have to go through it.  we went to the airport thinking that it would take an hour to get through security, when really it only took like ten minutes.  almost a new record for me!  then john and i got pizza for dinner {disappointment}, and then watched prison break, {an old series that we have become re-addicted to}, whilst waiting for our flight.  in the end, we landed in the airport safely.  i think i'm a little tired though, because i keep forgetting that i am typing and just start staring off into space.  {a couple of times, people have actually caught me blankly staring at them - how embarrassing!}.

george treated us to in-and-out, which is growing on me, [despite the {seemingly} exaggerated hype about it from anyone who has ever lived west of slc.]  okay, who am i kidding..... in-and-out is delicious, and i am now fully prepared to put my tail between my legs and admit it.

i would just like to let everyone know what a wonderful husband i have.  i am quite certain that he is the kindest person in the world {certainly more kind to me than i am to him}.  and although i have endless weaknesses, he still manages to see something in me.  i love him with all my heart.  i also love his family.  and i am so ecstatic that we get to spend this weekend with them.  thanks to ashley and seth for having us in their home this thanksgiving.  i am certain we will have a great time together.

3 comments:

Brian and Brianna said...

I hope you don't think I'm a stalker, but I was so excited to find you guys had a blog! Sounds like married life is treating you well! You sure did marry into an AWESOME fam :) That's so fun you guys are in AZ for Thanksgiving!! We should try to round everyone up and get together!!

elizabeth said...

Paige I love this post! You are such a great writer! And I know you married a california boy, but remember where your loyalties lie when it comes to burgers, ok? I know nothing can beat 5 guys, right?
love you!
xoxo

J. Guest said...

Paige,

I thought this was John writing until I got to the twentieth line or so when he said he's so grateful for his husband.

Still, try reading your posts with John's voice and you will be delighted to hear him talking about Little Women and mimicking Whippycake flowers.